In order to honour and remember Netaji's indomitable spirit and selfless service to the nation, the Government of India has decided to celebrate his birthday on 23 January every year as Parakram Diwas to inspire people of the country, especially the youth, to act with fortitude in the face of adversity as Netaji did, and to infuse in them a spirit of patriotic fervour.
1. Earlier this month, the Ministry of Culture held a high-level committee, headed by
Prime Minister Narendra Modi, to commemorate the 125th birth anniversary of Netaji
Subhas Chandra Bose.
2. Meanwhile, President Ram Nath Kovind and Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 23
January 2021 paid tributes to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose on his 125th birth
3. The President said Netaji is one of our most beloved national heroes who made an
extraordinary contribution to India's freedom struggle.
4. Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose was born in Cuttack (present-day Odisha) on 23rd
January to Janakinath Bose and Prabhavati Dutt.
5. Bose was an active part of the youth wing of Indian National Congress before
becoming the Congress President back in 1938.